Councillor John Nicholson
Electoral Division: Cowes South and Northwood
More information about this councillor
Isle of Wight
Mobile: 07918 757843
Bus. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Term of Office
- 02/05/2013 -
Councillor John Nicholson – Cowes South & Northwood Ward
Achievements and Advances Roundup
• Chairmanship of the Policy and Scrutiny Committee for Health and Adult Social Care, coordinating and liaising between Health partners and other authorities, encouraging and supporting examples of good practice and case for change, giving constructive feedback in support of illustrations of real patient experience, attending Health Service partner’s meetings, making introductions, constructive observations and suggestions.
• Supporting, representing and advising residents in various local and personal issues and concerns, from planning matters to parking issues social concerns.
• Arguing for simplified, direct and streamlined Planning Policy.
• Negotiating and being actively engaged with Island Roads with regards to road works quality and impact mitigation. Campaigning against unnecessary disruption and inconvenience caused by poor consideration in Utility roadworks.
• Supporting policy to properly and effectively regulate and control scaffolding erected on the Public Highway.
• Arguing for policy to now control works being carried out on scaffolding on the Public Highway, in a similar way to ensure competence and safety is properly regulated.
• Acting as representative on Island Roads Health and Safety Forum.
• Supporting Isle of Wight high-tech industry through activating links and assisting in events.
• Liaising with local schools and businesses, to support, encourage, connect and facilitate.
• Being outspoken, when needed, to represent and voice concerns that have caused local outrage.
• Being an actively involved member of Northwood Parish and Cowes Town Councils and sub-committees.
• Instigating a joint Place Plan for Cowes and Northwood.
• Instigating a joint Happy to Chat Benches initiative for Northwood and Cowes with IW NHS Trust, IW Council and Island Roads.