Your Councillors by Electoral Division

Local Councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities. They represent public interest as well as individuals living within the ward in which he or she has been elected to serve a term of office.

They have regular contact with the general public through council meetings, telephone calls or surgeries. Surgeries provide an opportunity for any ward resident to go and talk their councillor face to face and these take place on a regular basis.

Councillors are not paid a salary for their work, but they do receive allowances. By law, all members of the Council are required to complete a declaration of interest form, the details of which are published annually.

To find your councillor please use the below links:

 Arreton and Newchurch

 Binstead and Fishbourne

 Brading, St Helens and Bembridge


 Central Wight

 Chale, Niton and Whitwell

 Cowes Medina

 Cowes North

 Cowes South and Northwood

 East Cowes

 Freshwater North

 Freshwater South

 Godshill and Wroxall

 Havenstreet, Ashey and Haylands

 Lake North

 Lake South

 Nettlestone and Seaview

 Newport Central

 Newport East

 Newport North

 Newport South

 Newport West


 Ryde East

 Ryde North East

 Ryde North West

 Ryde South

 Ryde West

 Sandown North

 Sandown South

 Shanklin Central

 Shanklin South


 Ventnor East

 Ventnor West

 West Wight

 Whippingham and Osborne

 Wootton Bridge

 Not specified