Purpose of committee
The purpose of the Audit Committee is to look at the Council’s financial and non-financial performance, particularly where there is an increase in the Council’s vulnerability to things going wrong. They also need to ensure that if things do go wrong, there are arrangements in place to manage these.
The Role includes:
· Reviewing summary internal audit reports and the main issues arising and seeking assurance that action has been taken where necessary.
· Considering the reports of external audit and inspection agencies.
· Ensuring that there are effective relationships between external and internal audit, inspection agencies and other relevant bodies, and that the value of the audit process is actively promoted.
· Approving the Council’s accounts.
The Terms of Reference for this committee can be found in the Council Constitution.
- Councillor Andrew Garratt (Chairman)
- Councillor Michael Lilley (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Jonathan Bacon
- Councillor Gary Peace
- Councillor Matthew Price
- Councillor Ray Redrup
- Councillor Ian Stephens
Support officer: Charlotte Sadler. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Isle of Wight
Phone: 01983 821000
Web site: www.iwight.com