Purpose of committee
The purpose of the Licensing committee is to deal with any application or appeal in relation to the licensing or grant of consent or permission where the law requires the decision to be taken by elected members, under the Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005, and therefore is not a council committee convened under S101 of the Local Government Act 1972.
The council will also appoint a Licensing Committee under Section 101 of the Local Government Act 1972, to consider and determine any application or appeal in relation to the licensing or grant of consent or permission where; -
· The law and council policy require the decision to be taken by elected members.
· An officer with delegated powers declines to exercise those powers, having considered representations, or for any other reason.
· The licence, consent or permission is contained in the list of regulated activity, as contained in the council constitution.
· Or is not otherwise specifically delegated to another part of the council.
The Terms of Reference for this committee can be found in the Council Constitution.
- Councillor Daryll Pitcher (Chairman)
- Councillor Paul Fuller - JP (Justice of the Peace) (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor David Adams
- Councillor Jonathan Bacon
- Councillor Michael Beston
- Councillor Steve Hastings
- Councillor Christopher Jarman
- Councillor Julie Jones-Evans
- Councillor Clare Mosdell
- Councillor Gary Peace
- Councillor Peter Spink
Support officer: Marie Bartlett. Email: email@example.com
Isle of Wight
Phone: 01983 821000
Web site: www.iwight.com